We’ve been working on a few projects here and there. One project has been paint stripping one side of the door between the hallway and kitchen. Patrick tackled it with the heat gun and I did the chemical stripping afterwards.
Another project has been the butler’s pantry glass doors. It’s been a while since we last worked on the butler’s pantry (March 2008 and August 2007). We attempted to pick the project back up in July 2009…
…but then got stuck when we bought replacement glass pieces that weren’t cut straight. A cheap-o glass cutter didn’t fix the problem and the project was forgotten about until now. We bought new glass panes and have been working on glazing. Now we need to wait a week before we can paint!
Unfortunately the next project doesn’t have any before pictures. There was a return vent in the hallway that looked really ugly. It’s a nice sturdy piece, but had unsightly chipped paint and years of dirt and grime. Instead of trying to replace it – which would surely be a challenge due to vent size changes over the years – we decided to try and make this one look good. Patrick scraped away at it to get it as clean as possible. He then spray-painted it with satin RustOleum and we think it looks great! I just wish I could show before pictures so the difference would be visible.
And on an unrelated note the winter in Atlanta has been really sucky. I’m not a cold weather person to begin with, but this winter has been particularly cold and rainy. I think there has barely been a rain-less weekend since before Christmas, and the temperatures have been dipping lower than we’re used to. I wanted to share one crazy flash flood photo of the back yard. Look at the waterfall coming off the steps by the wall!! Thank goodness we now own a sump pump, otherwise we could kiss another furnace and hot water heater good-bye.